By TrailTurtle @ December 5, 2013 at 3:52pm
Release notes for December 6th, 2013. Heroes, if you've been anxiously awaiting the release of our Auras system, tomorrow's the big day: We'll be having a Friday morning maintenance, and at the end, you'll be able to get your grubby gloves on them. Auras are visual effects that you can equip, color, and slot into either always-on or combat-only slots; get more details in this preview blog.
Auras are here! Auras are slottable items that create a new visual effect surrounding your character. Depending on how you slot them, an aura can be active all or the time or just when you are in in combat. Multiple Auras can be active at the same time, leading to millions of potential combinations.
- Access your Aura Slots via the Auras tab Character Status window (press C).
- We have added an Aura Storage bag to your character so that you have somewhere to keep your new Aura items.
- All slotted passives have had their effects removed. You can now buy these effects as Legacy Auras from the new Legacy Aura Vendor in Renaissance Center. All characters get one Legacy Aura for free.
- You can buy additional Aura packs, as well as extra Aura Slots and Aura Storage slots, from the C-Store.
- The Winter event has begun! Black Harlequin is terrorizing Millennium City once again with his army of misfit toys, including Clarence the Giant Mecha Teddy.
- Join the Black Harlequin Alert to confront him in his demented toy factory: The Finkle Foundry. This Alert was previously known as the March of the Mecha Soldiers mission.
- The Winter Wonderland Lockbox is now live. Possible prizes include the Dasher Winter Sleigh vehicle, a Become Workshop Elf device, and the Santa Suit costume.
- The Red Winter Custom Alert no longer applies an XP buff, and no longer counts as a Smash alert for Daily mission credit.
- Cleaned up the tooltips for Alert boost rewards.
- Heirloom items from the Nemesis system are no longer Unique.
- Dark Aura has been converted from a toggle device to an Aura item.
- Added Regenerating Test Dummies to the rest of the Powerhouses.
- Those dummies have been set to level 40 (not skull) to avoid some problems players were encountering.
- Aura of Radiant Protection – The Runic Glow cosmetic advantage has been removed, and the visual effect is now part of Legacy Aura: Radiant Protection. Players with this 0-point advantage will need to visit the Powerhouse before training new powers.
- The female Kabuki Mask was missing some textures in its Leather and Metal materials. Fixed.
- The Kabuki mask texture "Cinco de Mayo" has been renamed to "Dia de Los Muertos".
- Item listings in tabbed stores have been revised to accommodate prices with long names.
- Fixed a civilian callout message that had lost the name of the villain you'd defeated.